Carrabassett Valley, Maine
The Town of Carrabassett Valley located in the Western Mountains of Maine, is requesting applications for a mini excavator operator for our 2023 Mountain Bike Trail Crew Season., time frame May – November. The Trail Crew constructs new trails specific to the mountain bicycle user group and maintains trails for bicycles and nordic skiers. We have projects in place for the 2023-2025 build seasons, and expect that development will take place continue well into the future. We work closely with our partners to execute the development of a world class trail network for riders of all abilities.
We are seeking a qualified individual with a minimum of 2 years experience operating excavators of any size in any job type. General working and maintenance knowledge, understanding of equipment capabilities and limitations and willingness to learn the art and skill of trail construction are required. Past experience and knowledge in sustainable trail, road and off -road construction is not required however preferred. Experience with forest harvesting or woods road construction specific equipment would be considered relevant. Additional skills such as mechanics, certified chainsaw, certified first aid, experience working with youth, avid mountain bicycle or dirt bike rider will all be considered during the application process. References will be required to satisfy qualifications.
The Town of Carrabassett Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Starting hourly wages will be based on knowledge, experience, potential ability to commit to multiple seasons. 32-40 hours per week work week, options for flexible scheduling. High School Diploma or equivalent, and valid US drivers license required.
General Mini Excavator Operator Tasks beyond actual operation:
• Ability to work outside in the woods of Maine in all weather conditions
• Ability to prioritize safety, understand dangerous situations and mitigations
• Ability to hike to, from, and remain in remote job site locations over uneven terrain 1-3 miles per day
• Ability to transport tools, supplies and fuels to and from remote job site locations
• Ability to perform routine daily inspections and maintenance of machinery
• Ability to sit in excavator 6-8 hours per day
• Ability to push, pull, lift approx 50lbs at one time
• Ability to some amount of time bending over
• Ability to follow direction, learn from directions and become self guiding
• Ability to work in a small team atmosphere, with importance based on quality work, respectful interactions and attentions to detail.
These descriptions are intended to provide a general overview of the tasks required of this position. For additional information or to request an application please contact Joshua Tauses - [email protected]
|Employer||Town of Carrabassett Valley, ME|
|Posted||Jan 24, 2023|
|Expires||May 31, 2023|
This listing has been viewed 28 times.